Thursday 29 November 2012

Some Days Are Tougher Than Others

Having just been diagnosed, I am still bouncing pillar to post with emotions. The least little stress can overwhelm me, and simply talking about my family and friends has the ability to make me burst into tears. I know this will settle as I adjust, but some days are tougher than others.

Yesterday was a tough day. My first day back to work consisted of dealing with the usual work challenges, plus the challenge of telling my co-workers. My work family is an important part of my life, and they are as challenged as everyone else. Each person will take their own view and approach, and each will need support from me and others as they deal with this news.

The other challenge is my motivation. When I woke up this morning, I just wanted to stay in bed. I haven't lost my will to live; I have to work at getting back into my life. I don't know how long it will take, but I know that eventually my life will settle back into familiar routines and patterns.

On the plus side, I am having a bowl of Mini-Wheats for breakfast today. This is the first time I have had breakfast cereal in over a year. Being on a weight loss diet right now just doesn't make a lot of sense. I need to eat right, but I think it might be okay to have some things that I have missed in the last year.

Some days are tougher than others. The way to deal with that is to take joy in the pleasures that I have.

1 comment:

  1. Your first paragraph could be about me Rick. You have been so brave . My heart is with you even if the rest of me is in Vancouver. I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete