Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Dinner

This is a late in the day blog. My routine is messed up. I am making Christmas dinner for about 15 people today. I had to do some shopping this morning and picked up a few extra things for the party. It has been a busy day.

It has been tough in another way. For the first time in my life I am suffering from lower back pain. I am almost certain this is due to the use of the wheelchair and the fact that my cane is about an inch shorter than it should be. It's a nagging kind of pain, dull and unrelenting. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come.

On the plus side, I can still whip up a heck of a meal in the kitchen. My walker serves as a swivel seat and I can do most of what I need to do sitting down. Having a helper to put the 20 pound turkey in the oven helps too.

A couple of my buddies are coming over to help with the fixings - potatoes, yams, beans, brussel sprouts, cole slaw and such. Plus several people are bringing over desserts and other dinner goodies (like sweet potato pie). It's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment