Saturday 3 June 2017

Day Of Rest

It's been a busy week for me this last week, busy in the best of all possible ways. On Tuesday, Albert came by with my cheese and a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my table. On Wednesday, Kate came by and made a terrific Prime Rib Roast for two, the roast just the right size, with potatoes and Cole Slaw. Then on Thursday, Bobbi came by in the morning, encouraging me to get out of bed, bringing my a Subway sandwich big enough for my lunch and dinner. Later on Thursday, Myra came by with her dog, Deja. Deja is completely blind, but managed to sniff out a good section of my apartment.

On Friday, Liz came for dinner and we made Tropical Punch with Malibu Rum, and Tequila Sunrises. Finally, this morning, Tonny came and made me a terrific brunch. I was hungry and gobbled down a giant omelette, hash browns and a bunch of sausages. Now it is Saturday afternoon. I've had a bit of a rest after Tonny's visit, and I am sitting here wondering what to do with myself.

Maybe I'll just rest. I wanted to clean out my freezer today, but I have no helpers. Doing it alone may take too much out of me. On the other hand, it's not like I need anything out of there in a hurry, nor will anything spoil if I leave the task for another week, or even another month. Resting seems a much better idea.

Tomorrow I am scheduled to go to the Lilac Festival here in downtown Calgary. It's an annual event, celebrating the lilac blooms all round the city, but mostly just a street festival for the fun of it. I'm going to go. I'll catheter up, wheel over to the train station, and take the train downtown. Most others will be there at 10:00 AM. If I make it by 1:00 PM, I'll be lucky. On the other hand, there's a lot going on all afternoon; the ALS Society might even have a stand again this year. I'm sure I will find people. I know they will be watching for me. My friends are good that way.

So maybe a day of rest. Or perhaps laundry. I don't know. We'll see how I feel in an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment