Wednesday 27 September 2017

Driver, Please?

This first significant disappointment from my loss of driving has occurred. It didn't take long. I didn't expect it would take long, yet even so this is distressing. My daughter, Mary, along with my grandchildren Rose and Quinn are visiting with me this week. Mary has expressed a desire to go up to Drumheller for the day, for a "last road trip" with me. She's not been there, nor have her children. It would be terrific day.

Unfortunately I can no longer drive my truck. In addition Mary doesn't drive. So that means finding a volunteer to take tomorrow off, and to drive us there, visit the dinosaur museum with us, and drive us back. I actually had two people lined up to do this for me, one plus a backup. Unfortunately, for business reasons, both have had to cancel. With no driver, the Drumheller trip to the Dinosaur Museum is unlikely to happen.

On top of the lack of a helper for the day, I am exhausted again. Yesterday was moderately busy, so I pushed get though. The end result was that I was too wound up to sleep. I didn't have a cookie. That would take too long, so I took a sleeping pill. Now I am dealng with the groggy aftereffets. I'm tired, certainly too tired to push myself for a 2 hour drive each way.

This is disappoining. I'm going to see if I can get a volunteer for Thursday. If not, then Mary will have already had that last road trip without knowing it. It's a bugger, but that's the way it is.

2 comments:

  1. Hope someone comes through for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post this on Facebook! I'm sure someone will come through!

    ReplyDelete