Friday 3 November 2017

God Damned Hospitals!!

I have just gotten home from a day trip to the hospital. God how I hate hospitals. I hate doctors, and nurses. I hate these charnel houses of sickness where treatment and cure are more myth than fact. I hate that there is nothing any of them can do for me, except perhaps make me worse.

As predicted by an online follower, I have a C-Difficile infection. Provided to me courtesy of Foothills Medical Centre, and multiple doses of overly strong antibiotics. Served up by putting me in a crowded, four person ward in my last visit, in spite of protestations that I am prone to infections, in spite of my warnings that placing me in a regular ward was almost a guarantee for additional problems.

I'm angry. I'm angry at the institutionalized insensistivity of nursing staff, leaving doors open while undressing me, making me feel awkward about having to pee in a diaper, placing their needs and feelings above those of the patient. I am angry about porters who pick you up and drop you off in various holes in hallways and darkened rooms without saying a word or noticing that your feet are hanging off the end of the stretcher.

This whole day, this whole infection, could have been completely avoided by proper cleanliness and care. It would have reduced the strain and stress in my life substantially if someone in that God Damned hospital has simply paid attention to me when I was in there the other day.

I am just so tired of all this bullshit. Cure me or kill me, but please stop making a bad situation worse.

4 comments:

  1. It seems that hospital sometimes treat you like a disposable unit .. not a person who needs to keep your sense of dignity .. and if you speak up, your labeled as the pain the ass patient .. sorry you had to thru that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understand the deep frustration...the system is just flawed. We fall through cracks, and when we speak up, we are often dismissed. I'm sorry you got the bad bug! I had it this year after multiple hospitalizations and IV antibiotics. My family had to bleach every surface before I got home to prevent soread and a reinfection. Please see if some dear ones can put on gloves, grab some medical grade bleach solution or wipes, and do a little clean sweep for you. Wash all linens and towels in hot water. Alcohol based hand sanitizers do not kill cdiff! Washing hands kills spores and bleach gets surfaces. Hopefully, they gave you the right medicine to kick it. ( Flagyl, vancomycin, or another I can't recall). Hope you heal up quickly.
    Warm regards ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, C Diff sucks!!! Its so horrifying to me how hospitals treat patients that way, my heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good reason to be angry!

    ReplyDelete