Thursday 2 November 2017

Labels

Bleh. My tummy is still bothering me. I have found an unfortunate correlation between my tummy troubles and the times I take marijuana, either in cookie or candy form. My arms are tired, my feet are tingling. It's just that kind of a start to a day. On top of it all, I'm a bit upset; not the tears and sadness upset, nor the anger upset, just sort of upset.

The reason for the upset is one of my small serving dish. I've had this small, two section serving dish for many years. I brought it to Calgary from Abbotsford, and had it years before I left. The other day I dropped it and broke it. The reason I dropped it and broke it was because I was trying to take it off of the high, corner shelf where someone, either a guest or a Home Care worker, had placed it. It was in the wrong place. I wanted to put it in the right place.

In order to get the serving dish off of the high, corner shelf, I used a grabby stick. It all started out well. I had a fairly good grasp on the dish with the grabby end of the stick. I lifted it out and off the high shelf. Then, about half way down, I lost my grip with the grabby stick and the dish tumbled to the counter, breaking into pieces once it hit.

The loss of this small serving dish means nothing in terms of actual value. It was an old dish, well used. It had no value as an antique or special object. In emotional terms, however, it represents many things. It represents the losses in my life of all that I have had for so many years. It represents the difficulty I have with dropping things. It represents the frustration in my life with things put away in the wrong place.

So I have dediced to take action, action suggested by Andrea and others over the last year or so. I am labelling all of the shelves in my kitchen with labels listing the shelf contents. Chris is helping me do this. I am using the label maker Andrea provided for this. Unfortunately it kind of makes my kitchen look like achurch kitchen or community hall kitchen, with labels everywhere. I don't like it, but I dislike the misplaced dishes even more. I'm tired of breaking things, of losing life long posessions. So labels it must be.

1 comment: