Friday 15 December 2017

It's Never Just One Thing

I didn't write yesterday. Instead, I slept, spending the whole of the day laying in my bed, snoozing on and off, seriously sleeping at times. I did very little until my evening HCA came in at 9:30 PM. She was shocked, concerned that I had put myself to bed early because she was five minutes late. I let her off that hook right away. All that happened when she was here was the removal of my external catheter, a poor job a draining my bladder, and then back to sleep, only this time wearing a diaper instead of a catheter. I didn't need it; all things worked well last night.

I wish I could say that more often. Today my vertigo is super aggressive; the smallest move turns the world into a drunken dance without the benefit of alcohol. It leaves me pretty much constantly nauseous. This is now a daily thing, where some point of my day will be destroyed by vertigo, nothwithstanding the medication. I wish it were the only thing. Between the vertigo, the constant tiredness, the pain in my back and butt, the troubles with catheters. and the continual atrophy, I just can't seem to get a break from this disease.

What's worse, right now, is I feel like I am gettting sick again. I am going to the walk in clinic today to get a requisition for a urine test and blood test. My guess is that it will show a mild infection once again. It will mean another round of antibiotics, if the tests prove positive for infection, even a low grade infection.

My hope in sleeping all day yesterday was that I might wake up with some level of renewed energy, some sense of capacity, even the smallest willingness to take on a task or two. Alas it did not work out that way. I'm still tired, sleepy as can be. No new energy has found its way into my body. I'm beginning to think I'm reaching a new low level of phsical ability. Or maybe its another infection. Who the hell knows? Maybe both.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't have an infection going on, you've had your share of those lately. And do hope you get a little energy boost sooner then later.

    ReplyDelete