Tuesday 5 December 2017

Or Maybe Not

I'm feeling pretty good today, kind of mellow and relaxed. This is, of course, not counting the perpetual vertigo, dizziness with almost every move, and nausea intermittently all day and night. Funny thing; those issues don't seem to stop me from feeling good, from enjoying my morning, from making plans for the day. They are just another part of a continually failing body. That's all.

It's December, time to put up Christmas decorations. Dion put up my outside lights and garland on Sunday, so I am already ahead of the game. While he was at it he kindly brought my Christmas tree and decorations up from my storage locker. My plan for today is to rearrange the living room enough so that the tree can be setup and decorated either later today or tomorrow. There is no rush.

There is no rush for anything. I am in the conundrum of a place where I have lots of time, but not a lot of time left. My days are mostly slow, unhurried affairs, with plenty of room for interruption and distraction. There are very few things in my apartment needing to be done, and those which are awaiting attention need not have it any time soon. My biggest thing right now is one of my perpetual tasks, tidying up the spare room. I tend to toss things in there to get them out of the way, eventually filling the bed and floor space such that I need to take an afternoon, probably with a helper, to tidy it up. The helper can do it all in a few minutes; it will take me most of the afternoon. That's just how it is.

For today, it's the Christmas tree. At least I think that is what I will do. First I want to finish my coffee, contemplate life, perhaps have a nap, and see what the afternoon brings. I am expecting my Case Worker from the ALS Society to drop by this afternoon. I have a couple of things I need his help with. After that, another nap or rest of some sort. Then, maybe, the Christmas tree. Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment