Thursday 1 February 2018

Another Damned Bladder Infection

I'm tired today. I took a sleeping pill last night; they always leave me feeling a bit groggy the next day. Same with the pot brownies, only they left me feeling a bit high the next day. Choose your poison, I guess.

I'm tired for another reason too. I am fighting another bladder infection. This one is a low grade infection, the kind I had for most of last year. What happens is these low grade infections settle in, waiting for a moment when my system is particularly weak, then flair up, becoming not only a full blown infection, but an infection with the potential for sepsis.

Dealing with the low grade bladder infections is the same as dealing with the full blown monsters; antibiotics. Only this time we are not starting with a full 10 course of Cipro. Instead I have taken the single dose Monurol that I have on hand, hoping that it will work as well as it did when David and I were in Scotland. When I got my infection there, I took the Monurol and things cleared up in less than 48 hours. Essentially it's kind of an overnight cure, specifically targeted towards bladder infections. It's not even pills; it's a powder you mix with water and drink.

All of that aside, I am still tired, from the combination of sleeping pills and the bladder infection. Fortunately I have absolutely nothing planned for this afternoon. I will nap. I will rest. I will drink plenty of water. I might even watch some TV. Mostly I will do nothing. With any luck I will be over the infection by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment